The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Making Disciple

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 34: Reproduction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LowerEastSide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Making Disciple Reply with quote

As I read this for my devotion of the day, I spent a moment to reevaluate the model of discipleship I am practicing over the years. I asked myself these questions: “Am I a reproductive pastor?” “Am I fulfilling the Great Commission given in Matt.28, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I have been meeting up several men on a regular basis for bible study and discipleship. Also, I have been leading a short-term mission to Brazil for several years. I have seen the lives of these people I encountered having been transformed and changed. Some of the men are getting married, going to different life stage. I rejoice with and for them. I thank God allowing me to walk with them in time of confusion and struggles. I praise God for His provision and guidance for allowing me to shepherd His flocks. I must humble myself that it’s by grace and mercy that I can be part of the reproduction for God’s kingdom, not mine. As the author said, “While a flock’s reproduction is natural, shepherds need attentive awareness to opportune moments, to “breeding season.” The goal for every shepherd is 100 percent reproduction-the same goal as the Owner’s” (p.229).
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 34: Reproduction
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: