The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 35

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 35: Think Flock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glorybegod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Day 35 Reply with quote

Day 35 “Think Flock”. Yes, it is true that we have to care for the sheep individually. Their individual need are different from one another. Simultaneously, we also need to need to think of the flock as a whole. It is very impressive that the Bedouin shepherds and others could take care of the flocks collectively as a whole. They know the condition of their flock of 500 to 2,000 in number. I admit that when I was shepherding a flock of 60 or more, I could hardly remember or attend to each individual need as much as I want to. Thank God for the lay leaders working together with as “deputy shepherds” so I can focus on shepherding the flock as a whole. I tried to oversee them as a whole but still I know it is better if I could attend to them personally as individual. Seems that I have to prioritize the collective flock as a whole like preparing messages and seeking God’s direction for the whole church. The flocks need spiritual direction and as a pastor I need to seek God’s will and purpose. Need to pray and ask God’s provision and empowerment of the Holy Spirit to raise and nurture them to grow into maturity for productivity for His glory and kingdom sake. “Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18).
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 35: Think Flock
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: