The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Does he Good Shepherd Asborbs the Pounce of the Divine Lion?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellyliebengood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Does he Good Shepherd Asborbs the Pounce of the Divine Lion? Reply with quote

This chapter on the 'other lion' is quite challenging. Is there any sense in the NT that the Good Shepherd Jesus absorbs the pouncing blow of the Divine Lion, that Jesus stood in the breach and thus averted our destruction-once and for all times? I don't want to soften the difficult passages of Scripture, and I am not simply falling into the old caricature of the the Bible as OT--God of wrath, NT--God of love; nevertheless, I do wonder if Jesus' death can be seen as a saving his flock from God? Thoughts?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: