The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 26

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otntjesus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Day 26 Reply with quote

In Day 26 “Guard Yourselves”, while reading this part, I was reminded of my church ministry more than 10 years ago. I was in a pastoral meeting. During the break time, I heard most of the pastors in that meeting discussing how they were talking about other churches offering high salary, great benefits, long vacation time off and retirement pension. I was pastoring a church that had no benefits, pension, two weeks of vacation and sometimes they would give me only half of the salary. But this chapter has stirred up my heart to do a serious self-evaluation. Was I going for the money? Am I doing ministry for the money and benefits? Will I, in the future be able to keep myself away from serving God because of wealth? Or I am going to serve God because of out of love for Him? Oh Lord, help me to serve You because I love You. No other desire that I want!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: