The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 11: Gathering the Scattered

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 11: Gathering the Scattered
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie Whiting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Day 11: Gathering the Scattered Reply with quote

My growing up experience in responsibility was a lot less dramatic than Said's but mine was strict, never-the-less. I was grounded for not wearing shoes in the house because of my mother being a seamtress, and there was a good possibility of sewing needles on the floor. I was grounded because I touched the gun cabinet, grounded for chewing gum with braces, and if I was too sick for church, I was too sick to get out of bed all day. These resonable rules taught me to be obedient to my parents, and ultimately to my Lord Jesus. Teaching children to be responsible is what God demands of parents because they then will grow up responsible citizens and hopefully responsible Christians devoted to the Great Commission.

I thank my parents daily for my strict upbringing, for I am responsible in keeping my word. The Lord has also taught me by His gentle rebuking when I stray off the path He has laid out. I am a responsible shepherd today for a few womwn. I show up when we agree to study, I pray with them, and tell them when I see they are straying off the path. My ministry's are demanding of my time, and I am in the process of evaluating them to see if they are where the Lord wants me to be. Could I trust other's to take over? So far that has not worked out, but that does not mean it never will. Delegating has never been my strong suit. I am praying for His guidance. I must always remember, the Lord is my shepherd, I want for nothing.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 11: Gathering the Scattered
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: