The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 6

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAB-CKC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Day 6 Reply with quote

Day 6 – Greener Pastures

What stuck out to me in the day’s reading was – Psalm 23 –
23 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
God has already made a way for us and path for us; as said in a earlier chapter he is our provider and sustainer. Everyone longs for green pasture where things are flourishing and growing around them; to dwell in the house of the Lord. God as a table for me in my wilderness and dry season; when I feel hopeless and downright confused and tired. I can fear no evil things because God is always beside me – guiding and providing for me. Only God can satisfy my hearts desire – needs and if I look to him and trust him 0 he will guide me into all truth – never leaving nor forsaking me. Sometimes, in this walk you get tired and frustrated and don’t want to tell anyone what you are going through for fear of rejection or someone telling you to just trust God – when infact you are trusting God – everyone gets weary at times….and need someone to call on. But when we call on Jesus – he does not judge you only loves you.
Stephanie Whiting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Day 6 Greener Pastures Reply with quote

Jesus came to me in obvious ways in my most desparate times of my life. He never was subtle, or quiet with me. He was loud because I needed loud. He guided assertively because I needed a strong hand to guide me to His green pastures, much like the sherpherds we are reading about. I know sheep are not an intelligent animal, they stray off and get lost easily. That is an apt description of me, in my earlier years. The last big crisis in my life was about 11 years a go. My only child was in serious trouble, and I was powerless to help him. I was about ready to give into despair, and my health was seriously compromised. I cried out to Our Lord and He led me back to the church I had left years prior, and to a loving and caring community of believers. These believers nurtuted me and prayed with me. I was able to give my son over to Our Lord, to shepherd to "greener pastures", pastures He had led me to already. This all happened in a course of a few years. My son came home, repentant and willing to change his life. I had Our Lord as King of my life now, not my son, so I was able to help shepherd him to the recovery rooms, and back to his childhood faith. Jesus is/was the Good shepherd to both of us. Today, I stay very close to my Shepherd, Jesus. I have a recovery ministry for people like mself who have gotten lost in the desert, but always give all glory to Our Lord for leading me out of the crisis and into His green pastures.
There is another area of my life that I pray for greener pastures and that is for my family members to want to walk with Our beloved Jesus. Other than my son, there is no one in my family or my husbands that call on the Great Shepherd and call Him Lord. It is a great sorrow for me. I have a great cloud of witnesses praying with me, and I know my Lord has a plan for them. He wants me to stay in the fold, obedient and prayerful, which I intend to do gratefully. I will guide anyone to our green pasture with Him and wait patiently for my family members.
laharper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Greener Pastures Reply with quote

Just as God led you to Greener Pastures (and your son) I am praying for the unsaved in your household and mine that they will know the Lord and allow Him to move them to Greener Pastures. I pray for household salvation.

Acts 16:29-34 - And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul [1] and Silas, [30] and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what [1] must I do to be saved?" [31] They said, "Believe [1] in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your [2] household." [32] And they spoke the word of the [1] Lord to him together with all who were in his house. [33] And he took them that [1] very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. [34] And he brought them into his house and set food [1] before them, and rejoiced greatly, [2] having believed in God with his [3] whole household.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: