The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 3, Called to Care

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie Whiting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Day 3, Called to Care Reply with quote

I am a new member. I am being mentored through this book, and I will be posting 2-3 times a week. I will be sharing my experience as a servant and shepherd.
I am understanding more, why Jesus tells us so many times that "He is the good shepherd. From the little reading I have done already, I see that being a shepherd is a very demanding vocation, one to not be taken lightly. Just living in the harsh environment, the isolation, the long hours; demands a very dedicated and unique person. This is my experience as a servant/shepherd often times. Jesus gave us everything, and He expects me to give everything I have, which I fall short everyday. Though some days I do fairly well. Like last week, I taught 8, 4th graders for two weeks. I gave them everything I had, and was exhausted everyday. After a nap, I planned for the next day. I believe they left knowing who Jesus is, knowing He loves/cares for them, they all read the New Testament, and 6 of them read the Old Testament. This was a children's Bible called "The Action Bible". They loved that Bible, and the parents said they loved it too. I felt very protective of them while they were with me those two weeks, much like a
the shepherds I have read about in the first three stories. I must say I was very sad to see them walk out the door last Friday.
I want to be used as God's shepherd, and will stay open to His call. My biggest handicap, as I see it is, I am too busy in my daily life to even be aware of any area that He might want me to go to, instead of where I am serving right now. I am praying to stop the business and be quiet before Him more. I could use your prayers for this issue. Stephanie W./Pembroke, MA
laharper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: BUSYNESS Reply with quote

I am praying for your Stephanie as you (we) seek God's face in determining the activities of our day.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: