The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 7 - Feed My Sheep

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAB-CKC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Day 7 - Feed My Sheep Reply with quote

My feed my sheep reminds me of the need for proper food for my body; while proper spiritual food is important for the soul. The author states, that empty calories won’t do – reading the word every other day won’t do – it is a constant venture. As shepherd have a great knowledge about the sheep we lead, reading this book has led me to know that I must too have a great knowledge about the people I led. I must take time for those under my care. Do I always want to, absolute not – do I resent when I am questioned – absolutely I do, but I am learning as a new leader that this is a mandate – feed my sheep as Jesus tell Peter. We know this is tender to Jesus heart because he said it to Peter three times, feed my sheep. I know that leadership, especially in the church is extremely important and take compassion and care. We as the author states, need divine revelation in order to get the message and led others. I want my walk to be so close to God; that I do not miss step or led a sheep astray because of my attitudes or actions. I want so always show the compassionate person that God has created me to be when I am speak, or leading my sheep. There are many in the pulpit that are spreading out false words and empty messages because that are not digging deep into the words – oh my I feel for them on judgment day; if they don’t repent and get it right now.
The author asked for honest assessment of what do I as a leader. Is my diet rich in God’s word. I like to think it is, but I know it could be better. Are we as leaders good readers? My question as the author poses: are you feeding my sheep and teaching them how to feed themselves – well I am on that journey of trying to learn how to do this and get resources to help me. It take a heart of compassion.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: